Saturday, June 16, 2007

No Mac Love

I really took it on the chin at a backyard BBQ this afternoon.

A couple of guys started talking about PC's and of course I said I had a Mac. You would have thought I relieved myself in their lemonade. They all scoffed at me and made Mac jokes. One guy asked, "How do you upgrade a Mac? Every two years you pick it up, throw it away and buy a new one." Some of these guys even said they refused to buy an iPod because they hated Mac so much... even though they conceded that iPods were superior to any mp3 player on the market.

Where does all this hatred come from? I mean, let's be honest, I have a deep dislike for Microsoft so I guess I understand, but why can't we all get along?

Mac is doing all they can now to make that possible. You can run Windows on your Mac now. iPods are PC friendly. Safari is now available for Windows users and Apple even helped (made something else for them to copy) Microsoft come up with a crappy knock off of OSX called Vista. Now with the iPhone, how could anyone not have a little love for Mac?

Well, for now, I guess we'll just have to learn to live with our differences.

2 comments:

GodSide said...

Sorry bro but I am on the other side of the aisle on this one...I love my PC and dont see myself becoming a MAC guy. I will also chime in that I hate how MAC guys always claim that MACS never crash and work with everything...that simply is not true, I have seen MACs crash and have problems...

Scott Donnelly said...

How's that iPod of yours working out Kurtis? You like Mac you just don't know it.