Wednesday, May 23, 2007

LOST

Is it just me or is LOST one of the best drama's ever on TV? I know some people have grown tired of all the twists and unknowns on the show, but this year has revealed some amazing stuff. The season finale tonight was amazing.

If you haven't watched the finale yet, quit reading now... you've been warned.


The thing that really does it for me is the character development. Last week when Charlie realized he would have to die to save everyone, it killed me. When Hurley was rejected by his friends twice when he wanted to help but eventually saved them, I was overjoyed for him. Locke even got to escape death once again, I love that guy. Yes, it's just a TV show, but I really love it. The writing and, as I said before, character development are stellar.

The amazing twist we saw tonight was what I think is a look into the future. After everyone is rescued from the island. Jack obviously is having a breakdown of some sort in the future. We usually see these "flashbacks" to show us the past of the characters, but in this episode, when Jack calls a mystery guest to meet him at the airport, out of the shadows comes Kate, whom as far as we know, Jack never knew before the crash. Plus, Jack started talking about how he longs to be back on the island and takes plane trips with his "golden ticket" (which I assume most airlines would give you if you survived a crash on one of their planes... odd) and prays that the plane will crash again.


So let me say this, if you haven't watched
LOST at all or you haven't followed it well, put the DVD's in your queue at Netflix and enjoy catching up until the show is on again in January 2008.

5 comments:

d-roc said...

Is it me or are they trying to make a statement about the garden of eden. They aren't supposed to leave, but they felt compelled to, so now they are feeling the consequences. What's up with Locke?!? I don't get it, yet. The best part was watching Hurley triumph and Jack beat Ben within an inch of his life. Casey and I were really excited.

Scott Donnelly said...

I forgot to mention the Ben beat-down... that was a beautiful thing. I think maybe that the funeral Jack went to was Ben's... wrap your mind around that one.

Geekbert said...

Dude, I missed it last night. My wife wanted to watch the American Idol Finale. I planned to watch it today, but forgot until I read your post.

I just came in from mowing the lawn. I have just enough time to watch it before the kids get home from school! Thanks for the reminder.

By the way, I love that you're writing regular again. Keep it coming!

d-roc said...

I think the funeral was for Sawyer. That's why nobody showed up. I have too many questions, like: What happened to Locke's bullet wound? Why did Charlie die the way he did. He could've just shut the door on the same side as Desmond. Why won't eyepatch guy die?

Anonymous said...

I think that the funeral was for Ben, definitely. If it was for Sawyer, wouldn't Kate have shown up? Plus, Kate was worried about someone at home knowing she was going to meet Jack. That had to be Sawyer. Is Charlie really dead? I think he swam through the porthole and up to the top.

It's good to hear that other people love LOST as much as I do.

later,
Cousin Wendy