Saturday, May 12, 2007

First Watch

Cheryl and I finally did it... we went to Firstwatch in Dublin for breakfast.

Why has it taken so long you say? Well, it's a very well known fact that I detest, nay, loathe lines and/or waiting. Thanks Dad...

Every time we have driven past said restaurant, there are gazillions of people waiting for just a taste of whatever they are selling in there. Maybe they are secretly owned by McDonald's and have also injected their food with whatever drug makes people eat at the Golden Arches all the time. Either way, it's always busy. It's open from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. and apparently that's just not long enough.

Bailey woke us up around 6:30 this morning (on a Saturday that is just wrong) and I thought, what better time than now to head over to the beloved First Watch. We ended up pulling into Dublin right around 8 a.m. and as I headed into the shopping center where First Watch is, I noticed something rather absurd... gazillions of cars! All of which were parked in front of the breakfast joint with a little taste of heaven in it... and, wait for it... there was a line of people waiting to get in! People, we are talking about 8 a.m. on a Saturday morning... what gives?

This had better be the best breakfast I have ever eaten... was it? It was pretty good. Wait in line good? Eh, I could take it or leave it. Not too mention, Dublin is kind of like the O.C. compared to Marysville... for my friends and family in Detroit, it's kind of like the Northville/Novi/Plymouth crowd out there. A little snobby and too beautiful for their own good. So if you were planning on putting a baseball cap on and catching a shower after breakfast, you may want to have your hair nicely coifed and make up on before you get there.

So, if you ever come to visit or want us to join you at First Watch for a little breakfast, you go first and get us a table. We'll be there soon.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Being that I now live in Northville I resent that comment....oh, wait since I live here I totally understand it and sometimes I like it that its like that here and some times it drives me insane! Like when I want to go to Target like a bum...and so I just do...who cares!

Scott Donnelly said...

Trust me Heather, it's a double edged sword... I love it and hate it as well.

Growing up in a "Blue Collar," home I feel like I am over sensitive to "snobbery." No offense to you, as I know you and you have never felt snobby to me.