Sunday, May 13, 2007

For Mom.

Seems like one of the first times I've not been able to see Mom on Mother's Day.

Being away from family has been tough at times, but it has been a good thing as well. It has forced both Cheryl and I to grow in ways I had no idea we had to. It has caused us to lean on and trust the Father more than ever before. It has caused us to let others help us out, when usually we would have called Mom and Dad.

Personally, I am learning more about myself in this process than I ever have before. All the times I have been compared to my Mom while we laughed used to make me think I was not enough of a "man," but now I see that it means I have a big heart, that I am loyal, that I am forgiving, that I'm a dreamer, that I love people, that I love my spouse, that love making people happy and encouraging them and more than anything that I love my Savior, Jesus Christ.

Mom, these are the things that I have gained from being your son. These are the things that you have built into me. Thank you for teaching me through the way you live to love, care and dream.

Love you Mom.

We'll see you soon.

1 comment:

GodSide said...

It has forced both Cheryl and I to grow in ways I had no idea we had to. It has caused us to lean on and trust the Father more than ever before. It has caused us to let others help us out, when usually we would have called Mom and Dad."

I can totally relate having moved to OR. I think my relationship with my mom is actually a lot better. DO I miss her a lot? YES. But the time we do share is so much more quality...and no more fighting over petty stuff we fought about when I lived with her.