Friday, May 25, 2007

Drives Me Crazy...

Interesting thing happened on my way back to Detroit today... I remembered how much I hate driving around all these brain dead people.

Numerous events unfolded as we headed up I-75 that left me losing my cool on some unsuspecting guy as we turned down the street to get to my Mom & Dad's house. This guy had no idea that I had just endured about 20 or more motorists that were as bad, if not worse, than he was.


I am amazed by the agression and lunacy that people have while operating their vehicle. Cell phones strapped to ears while they go 85 mph, weaving in and out of traffic without a care in the world.

I have lost my edge since we moved to small town Ohio. I used to honk and make my way through the asphalt jungle with ease. Now, it seems foreign to me. Definitely less stressful... which I believe to be a good thing.


We made it okay and all was well when we finally got to see everyone, especially that cute little niece of mine.
The return trip will at least get less stressful as we head into the farm country on those two lane roads that lead to home... it's where the heart is after all.

No comments: