Monday, July 24, 2006

Ed

Today at 4:45 p.m. Ed went home to be with His Savior, Jesus Christ. While he leaves behind his wife and two beautiful children, his life and the faith his wife, Kelley has shown througout this struggle have undoubtedly drawn others to Christ.

On Ed's website this verse was posted at 4:30 p.m. right before Ed passed:

Therefore, do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

2 Corinthians 4: 16 - 18 (TNIV)

Selah.

4 comments:

Kristi Kurtz said...

Thanks for your post today and especially yesterday (I just read it)....I feel like you...and I dont get it...and why he had to die...I dont get. But I will keep my eyes open to how God will use this for something. I know Ed is happier now and God is happy to have him home. God bless you Scott and all that God has planned for you here on this planet. Please let me know if you guys ever need anything.

NancyJane said...

I have had many of the same feelings. It is so hard to understand. I can't explain the comfort, peace, and strength that God provides to his children during these times. I just know from experience that He does. For those who have experienced loss, it doesn't mean that the sadness isn't there, it is just followed by a hope and an understanding that God's will is best. I always appreciate your thoughts and your honesty Scott. It encourages me. We all need to be more transparent.

Heather said...

Suffering is a difficult thing. But if God is glorified through it in any way it seems worthwhile. In reading Ed's site it would seem much glory has been given to God throughout this affliction. And I believe He will continue to be glorified through Ed's passing.

Stacey said...

Everything you mentioned in this post and the previous one...my heart echoes!...I am still crying-I can't even imagine the grief that Kelley and the kids are experiencing. Thank you for your prayers for them. God has blessed us with knowing you and Cheryl. I am sooooooooooooooo excited for your move to Ohio. God has big things in store...get ready, He's preparing YOU for something. (start warming up that voice :)

Hugs to you and Cheryl