Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes...

What a whirlwind this month has been!

I have
neglected my posting responsibilities only due to the immense amount of change happening around here. It seems that my life is taking a new direction and right now, I just feel like I am along for the ride and have no control over it at all.

Of course, being the control freak that I am, this has been tough. There is a lesson to be learned for sure...

Patience. Trust.

As some of you may or may not know, Cheryl and I are moving to Marysville, Ohio. Yes, Ohio.

Little did I know the chain of events that was set in motion when Aaron and I stopped to spend some time with his friends in Marysville. Now they are not just his friends, they are our friends too. Cheryl got a job just a little less than a month ago in the Columbus area and now, we packing up and heading down to Ohio.

Many of the events that have occured since have really worked on my lack of patience... I've struggled with that one for a very long time.

Cheryl's new employer has provided us with a relocation package which means we have to work with a company that
"specializes" in relocating employees and their families. Let me just say, if they just gave me the money that they are paying these dorks to relocate us, I would have had everything done about 2 weeks ago and had a lot of money left to use on something fun and exciting for the new crib in Ohio. Everything that we do with this company is slow and bogged down in red tape... not surprising, most corporations/big businesses are like that.

Anyway, this has obviously aggrivated me on numerous occasions, but God is asking me to sit back and let things happen. Be patient. On top of that, they can only talk with Cheryl... no control for Mr. Control at all. So, yes, I am realizing there is a lesson to learn here.

That leads me to my next lesson... trust. I worry too much. When I have no control over a situation, I worry about how the person controlling said situation is going to handle it. God is asking me to trust Him. To give Him complete control. Very hard for me. I know the truth. I know that God is in control and has the best plans for me, for us. Knowing it and living it are two different ideas though. Following, trusting God is simple, but it ain't easy. Cheryl's brother Jim said that the other day and man oh man is that the truth.

So here I am in the middle of the biggest transition of my life and I have no control. I am being stretched to hope for and expect the best. God is saying, "Let me take care of this, just let go and let Me do this for you."

Like I said, simple but not easy.

5 comments:

Dan Jones said...

I am impressed. It sounds like you are and will be learning soooo...... much.

Heather said...

Hey Scott,

What a fun way to learn this lesson. I think you need to look at your control issue and ask yourself are you ever truely in control or is it the illusion of control over your life that you enjoy so much? I too am a control freak. But have learned much since Sarah's arrival--and even during that pregnancy--about my control issues. The biggest lesson I have learned is that I am NOT, and never was, in control of my life. Sometimes with enough order in our lives it can start to feel like we are but then WHAM it can disappear in a moment. Its just an illusion we create for security. The wrong kind of security--in ourselves. Have a super fun move and just ride the waves.

Anonymous said...

I think God has you right where He wants you; a lump of clay, smack in the middle of His great pottery wheel. He's doing some fine tuning on his artwork and it's getting a little painful for you (that lump of clay). Just know the end result will be worth all the spinning.:)

Anonymous said...

I just want to say I am proud of both of you...for being willing to take a brave step of faith. I know from experience that it is a very tough step...and yet will take you to levels of faith you never even imagined. So few in our faith community are willing to go anywhere and do anything for the LORD...and yet He is constantly looking for people to do just that.

as one of Scotts old friends would say;

YAY YOU! YAY GOD! LOL

Faithful Joy said...

YAY! God is good all the time! But He is especially good in OHIO!!

;o)

See you tonight!