Monday, November 07, 2005

Day 15: Church and Leaving Las Vegas

My last Blog I was being rushed out the door to head over to the Green Valley Ranch and eat at their famous breakfast buffet. Well, it was pretty good, but it was brunch so I tried some Asian food. Bad idea. The mixture of Sesame Chicken and breakfast was not setting well. Three hours later we went to see Jarhead and the night before D.J. Qualls was on Conan and he talked about how great Movie Nachos are. I am highly open to suggestion, so Nachos it was.

So as soon the movie ended I was rushing out to lose the Nachos and the buffet. When we got home, I slept from 5 pm to 6 am the next morning.

Sunday we headed back to the Crossing. I love seeing Chris in his element. He was born to program and add his creativity to help communicate God's word. Don't get me wrong, Chris is also one of the best teachers I have ever heard, but even in that God uses his creativity to look at things with a fresh perspective. After that I finally got to enjoy one of my favorite pastimes... watching the Lions lose with Chris! It was great, I have no Football friends anymore (Don't cry for me). I also got to spend some time talking with Andrea which was really awesome. Their daughter, Quinn, is also absolutely adorable. Whenever you say her name or ask her a question she looks at you and says, "huh?" Unbelievably cute!

Last night we just enjoyed the Karls. They have been so great. They are some of the greatest people that we have in our life. It was also great to see Aaron get to know and love them just like us.

That brings us to this morning. It's time to hit the open road again. I hate leaving Cheryl again, but I know soon I will be back in Motown in my own beautiful home with my amazing wife and man's best friend, Bailey.

Denver calls our name, then we'll spend some time with Steve in KC and visit all of Aaron's friends I have heard so much about in Ohio.

Keep us in your prayers, we appreciate all the support. We'll check in soon.

P.S. Happy Birthday Matthew... hope you have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

d-roc said...

I think it's so cool to be a destination in your journey. I mean Raymond, Ohio; Los Angeles; Las Vegas; Phoenix; We're movin up in the world. Can't wait for ya to come.

Scott Donnelly said...

D... I am heading to Ohio for the second time this year. I hope this time the people in and around Columbus are a bit nicer to me. I think they can sense that I am a Michigan Fan. Can't wait to meet you guys.

Valerie, sadly no one I know and spend significant time with enjoys a good game of smashmouth football. I have a total of 5 FF Teams this year... that will not happen again, too time consuming.

Faithful Joy said...

It's true, Scott, we have a sixth sense when it comes to sniffin' out MI fans, but you'll be safer in Raymond/Marysville area where we will love you anyways ;o)

I am thrilled to have the chance to meet you. Like D, I am honored that you all are making us a part of "The Tour".

Good times are ahead! Have a great time at IHOP!