Saturday, November 05, 2005

Days 8 - 13: Vegas, LA, Good Friends and Good Times .

Well, it's been a long time. Not on purpose, but because we've been busy. We're not doing a lot of "things" necessarily, but we are just spending time together.

Cheryl being here has given me a lot of joy. I love her more and more each day and realize now more than ever that God has brought us together. So saying all that, I am cherishing the time while we are together before Aaron and I hit the open road again.

All that to say, haven't been Bloggin'...

---------------------------------------------

Let me start with Los Angeles.

The Good: Ocean, the Sites (I'll go into detail in a moment)

The Bad: Smog, Traffic and Gas Prices


I think I should start with the bad stuff and work toward a positive moment...

As we entered California and exited Nevada, gas went from about $2.59 a gallon to about $3.17 a gallon at our first stop in Cali. What is going with this place? Very disappointed with the Terminator.

As we came to San Bernadino there was a haze on the horizon that I had never seen before.
Thick gray cloud that covered the mountains and sank down into the valley. Smog. Nasty. It was so gross. You would think with all the left-wing enviromentalists out there that cars would be outlawed by now. Needless to say, I understand the need to clean up the air a bit. Although from what I hear about the temps in Detroit, global warming has been good to us this year... just kidding.

Smog leads me into our next gripe about LA. Traffic. No matter where you live in this great country of ours, you will never really know what traffic is until you have driven in LA. Rush hour never ends, not while we were there anyway. They do have carpool lanes, which we took advantage of, but there was never a time where you could just drive freely in any lane. The other thing that will scare you to death is motorcycles can pass you in between lanes. I was not ready for it at all...

The good thing was Cheryl was with me. We went to Santa Monica Beach and it was beautiful. I love being near the water. It just calms you and makes you marvel at the wonder of God. He definitely knows what He's doing.

Well, I hate to cut this short, but everyone is waiting for me so we can go out for breakfast. I 'll check in later...

God Bless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You two look like you're having a great time! Bring some of that sun back with you, please. Wendy & I were in L.A. 5 years ago, we went to a taping of "Two Guys and a Girl" at a studio there, rented a car and drove in that traffic. It was a whirlwind trip of 3 days. Two months later she left for Kenya. Wow. Memories. ...AuntJeanne

Scott Donnelly said...

I get so excited when I see a post from you or Uncle Gary! We need to see you both soon. I'll have to head back to Cali in the near future... it's worth another shot.