Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Day Three & Four: Memphis, Little Rock & Tulsa

Memphis, TN

We left Lewisburg and headed to the home of Elvis Presley,
Memphis, TN. Aaron talked me into stopping to see Graceland and then twisted my arm and we headed to Sun Studios where tons of legends like Johnny Cash, Elvis, and many more have recorded.

I got a great pic of Aaron hanging out in front of Sun Studios...

Aaron, it was worth it. Thanks.


Little Rock, AR

Let me just say to the people of Little Rock, Arkansas... I am sorry that I had a bad time. I hope that what I am about to say about your fair city will not hurt you, but... IT SUCKED!


That is kind of harsh, but a lot of things went wrong there, I just had a horrible time. No
offense.

Tulsa, OK

Tulsa was one of those last minute ideas. We were really thinking about heading to Oklahoma City, but Aaron mentioned that it would be nice to stop by and see an old friend of ours, Scott Herrold. He works for a Christian Rock station in Tulsa called the Kross.

We met up with Scott for breakfast at Panera where I was able to tell you updates were coming. After that we headed to the KROS studios, 55
floors up inside the gaudy gold building. This is the same building that Oral Roberts said God told him to build or God was going to kill him... I will leave you to draw your own conclusions.

Tulsa has Oral Roberts hands all over it as evidenced by those giant hands I am standing in front of... all I can say is... WOW!!

We headed back on the road with lofty ambitions of making it all the way to Albuquerque, NM. Google Maps said it would take us 11 hours, but we decided to make a reservation to spur us on toward making it there. We made it and the views in New Mexico were amazing... we will hope for the Grand Canyon tomorrow!

Thanks for the prayers.

God Bless you all and we'll talk soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bro... You guys are making great time... Keep going west!!!... You are almost to Cali... You should go to LA... Drive up Highway 1 to San Francisco... and then head to Las Vegas... It will be worth it...Trust me.

Stephanie said...

ah! california

i'm soooo ready to go back there.
i should have snuck into a suitcase or backpack or something!

Faithful Joy said...

Scott-man-you are doing a great job blogging your journey. THe pics are very good. That picture of Swanger looks like a music video still...I am seeing CD album covers...

Looking forward to meeting you when you are in Ohio!

Shawna

Scott Donnelly said...

California is going to happen... I can't believe it. I would love to make the drive up the Coast...

Stef... I want to move out here too. Problem is you have to find a place that doesn't cost a billion dollars... I'm looking into Albuquerque. New Mexico is awesome!

Joy... The minute I took that pic of Aaron, I was thinking the same thing. We are definitely going to break bread and hang on the way back home...

Anonymous said...

Scott
What in the world fell apart in Little Rock that it "sucks"?
Elaborate man!
Neil