Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Day One & Two: Lewisburg, TN

I thought I would break the trip down into cities instead of one huge Blog, so read away...

-------------------------------
Lewisburg, TN

As I stated previously, we had many people tell us to expect a lot from God on this trip. From the moment we got in the car and started down 275 I could see this trip was going to be special. The sky was like a beautiful painting that God made for us to send us off in style. He is amazing!

We spent 2 days with Kenni and her sisters, Sally and Sandra. They let us stay with them and they were such a blessing. They are huge Red Wings fans, so we were connected immediately. Their family lived in Motown for a long time before they headed down to Tennessee.

After we went out for lunch with Kenni on Monday afternoon, we came back to her place and Aaron played two songs he wrote for us. They are truly amazing... you'll love 'em. After that we started talking and praying and then... BOOM! God showed up in a big way. We all prayed for one another and just worshipped the Father. You could feel His Presence all around us, it was incredible!

Three hours later... we needed to catch our breath. I wish I could really give you a taste of what happened, but words just can't express it.

We headed over to Kenni's parents house for a home cooked meal later that night and they were both great people that love the Lord. We talked about all sorts of things. Kenni's father, Mac, moved up from Kentucky with his wife to work for Ford Motor Company back in the day, so we chatted about Ford and the fact that my dad recently retired. I found out before we went on the trip that Mac was recently diagnosed with lung cancer.

Aaron and I had talked about praying for healing for him before we even headed out for the trip, so when the time was right, we did. After what we had experienced earlier, one would think one ecounter with the Almighty God was enough for one trip. God decided it wasn't!

As we were praying I kept hearing God say to me, "Just believe, that is all I ask. Have faith." I kept feeling Him prodding me to pray for Mac and speak the words that he laid on my heart. It was a huge step for me, but there I went. We prayed for Mac for quite a while and again, the room was just filled with an atmosphere that I can only describe as God's Glory or His Presence. When you feel something like that you realize you are experiencing something out of the ordinary, something very special.

You hear so many times that if we just "had enough faith" God would do amazing things in our life. Well, I hate to state it this way, but what if that really is true? What if God is just waiting for us to believe He will heal someone or He will rescue us from our circumstances? What if all He is asking of us is to believe? When God was speaking to me that night, I decided to take Him at His word. I believed. The enemy, Satan, came at me immediately with doubts and fears, but I decided to resist and just believe.

This trip is starting a new chapter in my life. My hope is in the Lord. I believe in Him and His promises. I will find my joy, my peace and my salvation in Him. God has never given me a reason to doubt Him, so it's time to cast doubt aside and just BELIEVE...

No comments: