Thursday, October 27, 2005

Day Five: Albuquerque & the Petrified Forrest

Albuquerque, NM

We made it into Albuquerque on Wednesday night. We had no idea what it
looked like because it was dark before we got into town. Let me tell you, in the desert when the sun goes down, it gets pitch black. You really can't see a thing.

When we woke up we saw all the mountains and amazingly blue skies. The W
est is just plain beautiful... I love it out here. I called Cheryl told her to start looking for a new job in Albuquerque. It's a dream, but it could happen.

Petrified Forrest, AZ

Our original plan today was to hit the Grand Canyon. We wanted to catch the sun setting into the Canyon then wake up really early and get out to see the sun come up the next day, but we got a late start and decided to hit the Petrified Forrest in Arizona. It was amazing!

Here's the thing... it's not really a forrest. You think you are going to see tons and tons of petrified rocks and the like, but really it is just a ton of some of the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen.

You hear people say this
all the time, but when you see things like this you have to know that there is a God. You have to know He loves us. This stuff is just too beautiful to even capture in a picture. I kept looking out and seeing something that took my breath away so I would take a picture and look at it and just realize the only way anyone will ever understand it is to be there. So my advie to you... head out on the open road and check out this breathtaking stuff for yourself.

I want to thank all of you who are praying for us on this trip. God is working on my heart and my mind. There is a lot going on spiritually speaking... growth. Things are coming to light in the silence and in the amazement of God's awesome power and majesty. My prayer is that everyone of you will get a chance to take a journey and enjoy God's creation.

Just a note of encouragement and faith building... Mac, whom we prayed for got some good news about a spot that was possibly cancerous. Praise God and His faithfulness, it was not cancerous. Keep him in your prayers, there is more healing to come!

God is good... never forget it.

No comments: