Friday, October 31, 2008

Please Count My Vote...

I was watching Anderson Cooper 360 tonight on CNN (my first mistake) and heard more than one story about how African Americans fear that their votes will not be counted. 

Even the almighty Oprah talked about how she almost didn't vote for President due to her electronic voting machine not counting it. She went back through the ballot because she had "a bad feeling" and noticed that she had indeed not pressed the correct button.

Over the past few weeks I have heard and read stories about how if Obama does not win, there will be riots in the street. These stories come off as threats - just like Biden's threat that Obama's mettle will be tested in the first six months of his Presidency. 

So basically if you are afraid of being a racist, you had better vote for Obama.

I cannot even begin to fathom what Black's in this country have gone through. The things that have happened in our country when it comes to race are despicable. There is no denying that we have a long way to go, but may I suggest something? Maybe this whole race thing is a two way street...

There are things to be worked on and fences to be mended on both sides of this issue. We all have work to do. We all need to see one another they way God sees us. We need to love one another... we need to love our enemies as well.

When I turned in my ballot early here in Ohio, there was definitely a part of me that had some fear as well. Will they count my vote? How many votes will be thrown out for some reason? How many fraudulent votes will be counted because of ACORN?

My point in all of this is, whether you are black, white, brown, purple or green, no one seems to trust this government anymore. Maybe we're all getting screwed...

The only "hope" we have and the only "change we can believe in" is that of our God. Barack will not bring about change that matters. John McCain will not give us hope. Only the hope we find in Jesus Christ and the change that our Father brings matters.

A wise man once said, "Everything is meaningless, a chasing after the wind." Eventually he found his hope and change... hopefully we will too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am thoroughly enjoying your blogging and that you are up again. Is it possible to make the font a bit larger, for us older folks, with vision problems? I especially agreed with what you said about McCain on Letterman the other night. Keep you the GOOD WORK! Aunt Jeanne