Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Calling All Cars...

While driving through town today, one of my favorite pet peeves was in full effect... 

Drivers on cell phones.

I was headed off to run a few errands and all along the way, people talking on their cells. Driving badly and yapping away. I decided to count how many people out of ten drivers were on their cell phones.

The number was not as staggering as I thought... 4 out of 10. I noticed something that made me decide to retry my little experiment. How may women driving were on their cell phones?

I hate to blow everyone's mind with my results (sarcasm implied)... there were 8 women out of ten on their cells.
 Two of those women were texting or at least dialing (one while turning left in front of oncoming traffic). 

No need to think ill of me for pointing out the women cell talkers, men are just as bad.

Why are so many people on their phones while driving? What is so friggin' important that you have a phone glued to your head while you're driving? 

Don't worry, it's not heavy machinery that you are operating... I'm sure no one has ever crashed their car while talking on the phone. You go right ahead and continue that important call.

There is actually an old episode of Mythbusters that ended up - through many tests - showing that driving while talking on a cell is worse than driving drunk (legally drunk).

The thing that really blows my mind are the number of people on the phone while driving to work in the morning. Who are you talking to? What could you possibly need to be talking about at 7:30 in the morning?

I wonder when someone will create a laptop computer that will fit nicely in your car... oh, wait, I have one of those, it's called an iPhone. 

Maybe Blogging while driving will be the next big thing.

No comments: