Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Southern Exposure

We've been away from home for close to a week now... I am ready to be back in the Buckeye State.

Isn't that weird?

I'll tell you what, with the way the Wolverines are playing, I may need to think about becoming a real Buckeye soon... I don't think my heart will let me do it though. I did say last week that I was toying with the idea of boycotting Michigan football until Lloyd Carr is fired or resigns. I know not all the blame goes to him, but the mentality of not changing the "tradition" of how Michigan plays football in today's game is unconscionable.

The good news is my Detroit Lions won their first game... 9 more wins and Jon Kitna is a genius!

Back to the trip...

We visited friends in South Carolina and we had a really good time. As we were headed down, we went through Ohio to get over to I-77 and it was very frustrating because after we made it out of the Columbus area the speed limit DECREASED from 65 mph to 55 mph!! We were literally in the middle of nowhere and the speed limit was less than it was in populated areas. Talk about speed traps... We'll be taking I-75 back home. Hallelujah!

We've been in Atlanta for the past few days. We're in the Northeast section of the ATL. The area is very nice. Tons of shopping, restaurants and stuff to do... along with that is way too many people.

Cheryl and I headed out for lunch today around 11:45 a.m. and she needed to get back to training in an hour. We finally got food at around 12:35 p.m.! It took us about 15 minutes to get about 2 miles away, then we tried in vain to find a place to park then ended up doing curbside order and about a half hour later, Cheryl had to wolf down her food while I dodged traffic to get her back to training.

This my friends, I do not miss. Big city convenience also means lots of waiting and lots of headaches. People are way too stressed out. There are so many people here, it really is mind boggling. I have no idea how you could take a lunch break with only an hour.

All that being said, this time away with Cheryl has been great. I miss the hound, but Chris is taking care of him and the house while we are gone, so it's all good.

Looking forward to getting back and experiencing the Fall temps that we're missing. Plus, there is nothing like "Home Sweet Home."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm read for home sweet home too...this was a longer trip than I'm use to.

Heather said...

You know what's funny...Sandor was in Atlanta this week too!! How ever did you miss each other in that small town?? Now he is in Dallas and home tomorrow which is good since we miss him.