Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Stranglehold

Here is what I wish I was doing to my dog, Bailey, right now.

It's 4:30 a.m. and the rumble of thunder started a few moments ago. He has been panting and whining ever since the hint of showers. We have basically seen scattered thunderstorms almost every day for the past week or so in Ohio. No end in sight as far as I can see.

There are times where being a dog owner really stinks and this would be one of them. I love the little mongrel, but he sure make me want to do a little cartoon strangling once in a while. If only the consequences of the cartoon or video game world applied to ours sometimes... what a wonderful world it would be.

That reset button would come in handy, wouldn't it?

5 comments:

Geekbert said...

I love the new look of the blog! Sorry I haven't been by in a while. Business, ministry, and the kids keep me busy. School starts after Labor day. I might even start posting again after that.

Anonymous said...

Dude - you should look into doggie prozac. We just started our new dog on it last week - can't say it's working yet - but our vet said it really can help. Not as expensive as you might think.

Anonymous said...

I thought you were going to try a little wine to relax him.

It works with the kids. KIDDING!

Casey said...

I can think of a few boys that I live with that I would like to try the cartoon strangle on from time to time!
They should make "kid stoned" for dogs. Then all you would have to do is poke him with a stick every few hours to make sure he's alive.

Faithful Joy said...

Um, Casey said poke with a stick. Is that ok?