Wednesday, August 15, 2007

DIRECTV

If you have never had DIRECTV or have believed all the cable company garbage about it, I have to tell you about an amazing customer service experience I had.

As I have mentioned on these pages before, I am a huge NFL fan and sadly, a die hard Lion's fan. DIRECTV has something called, The Sunday NFL Ticket, to which I started subscribing when we moved to Ohio. When we first signed up, it was an amazing deal where you ended up getting free premier service for months if you bought the Ticket. So last year I thoroughly enjoyed many, many NFL games each Sunday and became and even bigger NFL fan.

Fast forward to this year. When it came time to pay up for the Ticket again this year I had to really think about how fiscally responsible it was... plus I heard that if you called into DIRECTV and voiced concerns about paying the big bucks for the Ticket they would try to retain you. They did exactly that. After my conversation with a customer service rep, I basically ended up with the Ticket and Superfan (HD games, etc.) for about $49. That is amazing when you normally pay $269 for the NFL Ticket plus $99 for the Superfan.

This is just another thing I love about DIRECTV. If you get a chance to look at the picture quality compared to cable or even digital cable you will be blown away. There have been only a few times I can remember in the years that we have had DIRECTV that weather has made me lose a signal. Compared to the number of times I saw snow when we had cable, I'll take DIRECTV any day.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Another thing I love about DTV is the XM radio channels we have. And I like all the re-runs we get to see crystally clear on HDNet. :-)