Saturday, July 21, 2007

Boys Day Out...

Ended up having a very cool Saturday morning.

Doug, Steve, Derek and myself met for breakfast at this place my Mom would love, Der Dutchman. It was just a lot of fun hanging out with the guys. They introduced me to this donut thing call a Long John. Cheryl told me to get her one since she had been there before and loved them. If you love sweets, beware, they're sinful. That's coming from someone who doesn't love sweets.

After the breakfast we ended up at Steve's in-laws where my heart almost stopped as Steve climbed a windmill some thirty or so feet in the air. The ladder - if you can even call it that - was literally only wide enough for one foot to fit in at a time. He barely squeezed through the opening at the top. After all of us watched in horror, Steve made it down all right.

Luckily, I think all the other guys didn't get in any trouble with their wives for being out so long. Even if they did, I think spending time together was worth it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I requested one Long John and you brought me half a dozen...have I told you how much I love you lately? ;-)

d-roc said...

Not too much trouble, but definitely worth it!