Sunday, July 15, 2007

Alcohol...

So all the neighbors had a little party out in our court area last night. I went out to chat and see how things were going. I ended up sitting down for a while and talking with a few people while the booze continued to flow and the guests became more and more inebriated.

Out of nowhere, one of the guests from the block over (who I found out later no one really knew) comes flying past me at full speed and tackles my neighbor in his chair. Ummm, o.k.? So then the drunkard gets up and says, "Are we cool man?"

Are we cool?!?

My neighbor, also a bit on the tipsy side, says everything is o.k. Some people were laughing while the non-intoxicated people like me, knew this would not end well. My neighbor - after much drunken plotting - waits for his chance. The fully drunken bum from the other block is standing on the curb with his back to us, when my neighbor comes flying out of his chair, nailing the liquored up fool in the back... right on top of the unsuspecting woman that was talking to him. They both landed on top of her right in the middle of the concrete.

Not good.

She said she was fine, but I wonder how numb she had become up to that point (she also was enjoying her drinks). Everyone kept asking if she was alright and I think more than anything, she was embarrassed by all the attention.

The party quickly started to disband by that point... just a shade to late obviously. The drunken bum ended up passing out while he was sitting in a chair, then stumbled - with his cooler of beer - back home through our neighbor's yards.

There always seems to be one of those idiots that ruins it for everyone else. Tackling people is always a bad idea... unless you are playing football or are doing a stunt in a movie.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Beware of the Harry Buffalo Punch!

Scott Donnelly said...

No doubt... glad you went to bed.

Faithful Joy said...

I have pictures of my brother wrestling with Swanger once. Swanger was completely out of his element. Funniest thing I have ever witnessed. My brother didn't have to be drunk to tackle him...