Sunday, May 20, 2007

A Little Rain Must Fall...

I am one of those people who struggles with hiding the way I feel. When times are tough, you can pretty much see it. If I am annoyed, you'll know it. I hate being fake... that is a good thing and a bad thing. Sometimes I need to keep things to myself, but for the most part, I would rather let you know where I stand.

Saying all this leads me to where I am at this afternoon. I'm feeling let down. God is faithful and I know He loves me, but sometimes I am disappointed by Him. Some would tell me, "That's life," or tell me, "to get over it," because you and I both know there are people in far worse circumstances than myself. But let me ask you this, if I pretend that I am o.k. with something when I'm not, doesn't God know that? Of course He does...

Things don't always work out the way you expect them to. They don't always end up the way you hope for. But I can't stop hoping. I can't stop believing that God will save the day. He has a plan and I hope for that plan to be fulfilled even in the midst of my disappointment. I have to keep on hoping.

We sang a song this morning that touched me. That I want to share with you about God's love. I needed to hear it and this morning I believed it a lot more than I ever have before. As I have mentioned before, learning to accept and truly believe that He loves me has been tough, but today I moved a little closer to really understanding it...

God of glory You have made all things
Who am I that You would think of me
For You made the earth, You made the stars
Yet You know my name; You know my heart
You’re always there; You’re never far away

So amazing as You paint the sky
So amazing, makes me wonder why
You love me like You do
You love me like You do
That You love me like You do
So amazing, so amazing

I see the birds ride on the winds, they fly so high
Mountain peaks so tall they seem to touch the sky
Creation calls Your name above
Yet in Your mercy and Your love
You came to give Your life that I might live
Hold on to hope and feel loved...

1 comment:

Heather said...

It sounds like that song really spoke to you. I am typically one to say (or think) "Get OVER it! But I have learned that whatever we are personally stuggling with is significant in its own way. If that is the most painful and difficult thing in your life it doesn't really matter that things are worse for someone else. Because THIS is what YOU are dealing with.
I listened to a message at church recently and one story shared was about a challenge in the speakers own life. After a week of it his father called him out and said something like, ok...its been a week, its a bummer but give to God and let it go.
I thought that was good advice but acting on the actual giving and letting go can be hard to do in reality. Remember that Daniel praised God in his struggles. Hard to do but dare to be a Daniel!