Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Why Did I Do It?

Just a quick story about your favorite Super Store, Wal Mart.

Since we have moved to a smaller town in Ohio, my worst fears have become a reality. When you need something here, Wal Mart is usually the place to get it. You may or may not know this, but I think Wal Mart is ruining America one small town at a time.

We've been getting our cars serviced at Wal Mart since last Summer. The part of me that loves a great deal could not pass up the amazingly low cost of an oil change. It's like $17 or $18... I mean, how can you pass that up? What could happen? It's just an oil change right?

This past Sunday we dropped off Cheryl's car and came back to pick it up. I went to get some gas while Cheryl settled up. My cell phone rings and Cheryl says, "We have a problem." Seems that the last time the ol' Taurus was in for an oil change someone cross threaded the oil plug, which holds the oil in the oil pan. Pretty important. Well the Service Manager tells Cheryl she needs to take it to the dealership to get that fixed. Hold on a second buddy... someone in your shop put it in wrong. Fix it.

After a twenty minute conversation in a packed waiting area, finally the Assistant Manager of the entire Wal Mart comes to solve the problem. I was amazed at how hard they tried to push this thing off on us. I kept asking him if he thought I was under the car playing with the oil plug in my spare time. Someone at this Wal Mart goofed up, now fix it.

We ended up taking it to our local Ford dealership and I was not surprised to learn this was one of many "mistakes" they've had to fix from Wal Mart. $375 later, Wal Mart is buying us a new oil pan.

Lesson learned. No more Wal Mart.

Wish I had seen this site before I gave Wal Mart a chance to screw up.

3 comments:

GodSide said...

Dude dont act like you still dont love walmart! Come on one jacker in the auto department is going to cloud the whole company for you? sheesh.

That does suck though...I hate auto places, I always feel since I dont know the first thing about cars that I am being taken advantage of.

Anonymous said...

Walmart. pssst...please!

there is a great video about the evils of Walmart on PBS.org Check it out! Frontline ROCKS!

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/walmart/view/

d-roc said...

Paranoia, mass confusion, conspiracy... This blog's better than an episode of 24.

By the way... never go to Wal-Mart for anything car related.