Tuesday, March 20, 2007

See to Believe?

I have been in a funk...

Many of the things that were on track in my life seem to have fallen apart... most of it by my own doing, but there seems to be no flow. No rhyme, no reason.

Spiritually speaking, I am questioning things. I "know" a lot of things to be true about God, but lately I am realizing that I have a tough time truly "believing" those things. All I hope and pray for is that "Mustard Seed Faith," that Jesus talks about.

I desire so much more... I crave the life that Jesus promised - Life to the Fullest. How am I missing it? Is it right here in front of me and I'm missing it? Is this all there is? There has to be more.

My faith needs to be stretched and God is allowing a lot of stretching right now... not fun, but there has to be a point to all of this. God has promised us so many things, I will continue to believe that what He said is true... at least I want to do that anyway.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hmmm....sorry to hear about your funkiness. I have been there. Just a feeling of being out of sync with myself. Hang on to what you know and BELIEVE. You say,

"All I hope and pray for is that "Mustard Seed Faith," that Jesus talks about."

Maybe that's not even what you need right now. A favorite verse of mine is:

Romans 8:26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.

We don't even know what we ought to pray for ourselves but thankfully the Holy Spirit does and in spite of our weak attempts he takes over and implores on our behalf.

I will be praying that your funkiness will be resolved.

Do take care...

Scott Donnelly said...

Thanks Heather... Trust me, I'll keep hope alive.