Thursday, December 21, 2006

Puffy Puppy

Usually my puppy, Bailey, looks like this:


When I woke up this morning, he looked more like this:


Apparently Bailey boy was bitten by a bug of some sort (most likely a spider) and his faced swelled up so that he looked like a Shar Pei Dog (pictured above). So the first thing I see as a I put my glasses on this morning is this puffy-faced puppy staring at me through little puppy eyes that were almost swollen shut!

I freaked out for a second... seeing that when you first wake up and haven't had a chance to adjust is quite startling. So off to our first Vet visit in Ohio. Two shots later (and $72 poorer), the Vet told us to use Benadryl. Like the kind you can buy at CVS or Rite Aid. She actually gave us something similar to take home and use, but said Benadryl would have been fine.

So Bailey is looking a bit more normal now. The only thing he is up to at this point is sleeping like it's his job.

Sweet Dreams Bailey-Boy.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Poor puppy! I hope he is feeling all better soon.

Once my dog Roka ate a bee and the same thing happened to her but to a lesser degree. Just her lip swelled up but it was a funny sight.