Wednesday, December 06, 2006

iPod Envy

I was talking with a friend the other day on the phone and he asked me to hold on while he signed for a package he received from Sony. He was so excited about the arrival of this package and he couldn't wait to tell me about it.

You see my friend is on a crusade against Apple. He tried to get Apple to sponsor something for his business and they declined, so now he is out to get them.

When he was rebuffed by the snotty people at Apple, he took it upon himself to begin to take down the giant known as iPod. He quickly got in touch with Sony and asked them to join him to dethrone the almighty iPod. They agreed to help.

As our conversation continued, I reminded him that Apple didn't really need to give away iPods to stir up interest because they had a 90% stranglehold on the market. He began to talk about how elitest Apple was with their iMac ads. How they think they are so cool and above PC's (and Sony Walkmans or Zunes). How dare they?

I tried to talk him down off the ledge of inferior technology, but to no avail. I'm afraid this man has been lost due to the injustice of the one and only iPod.

4 comments:

Larry Castle said...

Apple is good to us. Beware of the AntiPod known as Zune. May I have some more cool-aid please?

Heather said...

Can't we all just get along??

Anonymous said...

Hey Scott!
Good to see you're blogging again. :) Hope everything is going well for you in Ohio--tell Cheryl I say hello, and I miss you both!
Merry Christmas!
-kailee

Anonymous said...

personally, and i have both, i find that the sound quality and functionality of the iPOD is superior.....oh, wait. This is a great debate I wanted to sound like I had a good opinion.