Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Here I Go Again...

Here I go again... writing a whiney Blog about how long it's been since I've written.

The truth is, I've been in the dry, lonely desert lately. Nothing inspirational happening. I know it has everything to do with me and nothing to do with God. That is the thing that is killing me.

I keep thinking about how Paul said, "
What I don't understand about myself is that I decide one way, but then I act another, doing things I absolutely despise." Why do I keep falling for the same crap? I've tasted and seen that the Lord is good, yet I continually fall back into old habits. I neglect the very thing that brings me such peace and joy. All for my own "foolish desires."

Not trying to beat myself up here (believe it or not I have a tendency to do that), just sharing the struggle. Throwing it out there for no other reason than to be vulnerable and honest about my current situation.
So when you think of it, send up a few prayers for me or tell me you know where I'm at so we can travel together through the desert.

God Bless.

3 comments:

d-roc said...

I totally feel where your at. I'm there more often than not. I just keep pushing through. God will usually show me something that reminds me of his love. I just had an opportunity to advance His kingdom and blew it. I will tell you more, but this totally harshed my gig. It made me feel like the world's greatest!;(

Heather said...

I know where you are at!

Kristi Kurtz said...

I get it. Feel the same way lately. I totally get when Paul says...what I want to do...I do not do..what I dont want to do...that is what I do. I am right there. Praying for you Scott.

love, love