Friday, May 26, 2006

News from the Rambler

So it's been quite a while... Thought it might be time to say a few words to all two of the people who read this thing.

First off, I have not been Blogging as much because I am writing a book. Don't ask when it will be done, because I have no idea. All I can tell you at this point is that I am writing... stay tuned.

Still looking for a church home. This could take forever because I am looking for the perfect church that does not exist. Sometimes I just want to become a member of Bedside Baptist and call it a day. I'm looking for community. Not people to just hang out with, that can happen too. I'm looking for a group of people that accept me for who I am and are headed in the same direction spiritually. Being surrounded by a core group of people that have their eyes on Jesus is all I really want. I don't need a slick show or a series on
The DaVinci Code, just a group of people that are trying to fall deeper in love with Christ and yearning to become more like Him.

Apparently that is a lot to ask for.

We've been grilling every night and I am loving it. The weather has been pretty good and my parents hooked us up with an table and some chairs that they were not using anymore and I picked up an umbrella for it. We love hanging out on the deck. Dad and I finished the deck off as well. Thanks dad.

Bailey is enjoying all that outside time as well. It's like heaven on earth to that crazy beast.

I also got a chance a few weeks ago to catch up with Bill down in South Carolina. We had a great time. We had some amazing talks and I got addicted to
Tiger Woods Golf on his PS2. Now I wish I had a video game system again. I think the world will be a better place if I limit my PS2 time to visits with Bill. I'll be headed down again soon!

I think that is it for now. Enjoy the Holiday weekend...

Peace.

6 comments:

Lifetime Dieter said...

All I can say is Summit Academy on Middlebelt Rd. Bagels and Coffee At 10:30 am. Be there. Pastor is doing a series on the Davinci Code but probably from a different angle. And you've seen the green and yellow song sets. :0 so not slick.

Larry Castle said...

Scott, I'll leave the recruiting to Jewels. But have I got a game for you! Give me a call and we can get together to conquer Europe! :-)

Scott Donnelly said...

LOL... as I was writing about not having a church home yet, I was picturing Julie telling me to visit you guys. I almost wrote something about it.

A war game?!?! I really stink at the shooting games... I am the ultimate kill for anyone who plays HALO or James Bond. I really miss playing the sports games though. NHL and Madden were my favorites.

Would love to hook up with you guys again soon...

Larry Castle said...

NHL '06 is awesome on Gamecube. I used it to teach the kids how to play hockey. They actually know all the rules now. Claire is quite a scrapper. Give us a call when you're free.

Faithful Joy said...

I have so been where you are right now. I spent months at St Mattress of the Springs because I was so dissolutioned with "church". You get so fed up with the games, so fed up with the insincerity and lack of true community that you just want to stay away from it all. I got tired of being used and abused just because I had some ministry gifts and training. I just spent my Sunday mornings with Him on my own.

He didn't leave me in that place , however. He brought me to the community that was right for me. It was nice for awhile not being in the mainstream Sunday crowd, and then I started missing the music and the fellowship, and sharing the Common Bond. When I started at Marysville Vineyard I was ready to jump back in and be with people again. And now after a few months I am even ready to step back into ministry as He leads me.

I feel your pain. Know that it's ok to step back for awhile. And God will be faithful to open the doors to new community when you and Cheryl are ready.

Anonymous said...

glad youre back.