Wednesday, March 01, 2006

And We're Back!

As I read thru the Blogs of my friends, I realized it was time. Time to update the world on what is up with Scotty. As readied myself to type, I heard on of the few funny things Jimmy Fallon ever said... "And we're back!"

Fallon screamed out this little ditty in his best, "Morning Radio Show," voice and it really made me chuckle. Mostly I enjoyed it from my time in the Radio Biz, but like most SNL Sketches, it lasted way too long... as most SNL Sketches do. The other amazing thing about this sketch is that Fallon didn't laugh his way through the entire thing.

So all that said, "Aaaaaaannnnnnndddd, I'm Baaaaaack!"

What's been going on? Well, I just turned 34 years old. No big thing. I still consider myself young, so as long as I keep thinking that way in my mind, I
AM young.

February has been filled with church stuff. Tons of planning, tons of stress. Lots going on there. Don't know how I feel about everything in that regard, but I am ready for a break. I actually had an amazing recharge weekend in Marysville, Ohio. Yes, Ohio. Thanks a lot A@ron! Anyway, I will definitely be going again. Cheryl and I felt like family among all the Buckeyes. Dave and Kelly let us stay with them and we loved it. We had the best time. I get excited just thinking about heading down there again... Needless to say, this was one of the best Birthday weekends I have ever had.

While we were gone, Mom and Dad watched Bailey Boy. He was no trouble for the most part... except when he went out on the ice of the pool cover and fell in!!! Thank goodness my Dad saved his little pupy life. Speaking of Mom and Dad, they have joined the ranks of the one and only Mac families that I work to convert one at a time. Dad was reluctant, but I think he is enjoying the beauty of his Mac more and more everyday.

I want to take some time now to talk a little about a good friend of mine, Todd Bolton. I have new found respect for this guy. This year during the Winter Olympics, I have been recording Cross Country Skiing events for Todd. He has done quite a few Cross Country events himself this season. Let me just put it this way, it is no wonder that Todd is in such great shape... CC Skiing takes a lot of hard work. Not sure Todd will get me to record cycling events this summer (his other passion) but I really admire his dedication to his sports.

The other thing that has been taking up a lot of my time lately is Guitar. Yes, I am learning. I love it. Last night in fact I got a crash course in Theory from Bryan. He, Josh and myself had a two hour jam and learn session at Josh's place. A@ron has also played a big part in teaching me as well. Who knows, in a few months I may be good enough to play while leading worship at church!

So there's the update. Hope it was all you were waiting for.

More to come.

5 comments:

Lifetime Dieter said...

Thanks for the update!

Scott Donnelly said...

No prob.

Mary said...

great to see youre back in the game.

it was great having you and Cheryl know the power of OHIO.

your birthday weekend was one of the most fun weekends i've had in a long time myself... thanks for letting me be a part of it.

I just want to pray for you.

- Lord, I bless what you are doing in Scotts life and ministry. Use him and his emerging gifts and talents to enlarge your kingdom of love.In the strong name of Jesus... -
-@

Faithful Joy said...

Wow-I love how God is expanding our family and commmunity! We had fun with you, too! Happy 34th!

You're standing on the edge of somethin' large, my friend. Don't be afraid to take the plunge!

You and Cheryl are in my prayers!

Scott Donnelly said...

Thanks guys.

Can't wait to see what's in store...