Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Not N'Sync

Every year something very strange happens to me. During the Holiday Season and all the way after the Super Bowl my life is not on its normal track. Things are a bit out of whack for me.

I'm not saying this is a horrible thing, but it makes me feel a bit off. I tend to feel like this time from December through the end of February really is event driven. There is all the Christmas parties and all the holiday craziness that goes along with that. Then we have the New Year. New hopes and dreams. Recovering from the last month of family and friends and then... the Super Bowl!

This year that was especially grand due to its location in the Motor City, but for me it is always a good time to hang out with friends, scream at the TV, laugh at commercials and stuff my face with too much food. This year was no different.

To add to the madness, Cheryl took vacation this year. It was great! I loved spending all that time just hanging with her. We had a good time.

Then a momentous occasion comes along every year at the end of February, known as MY BIRTHDAY!! So for me the party never stops until March. Let's really wrap our minds around this... I am in party mode from the end of November (Cheryl's Birthday & Thanksgiving) until March. That is three full months!

Maybe out of whack is the wrong way to look at it. This is just how I am, how I live life. The reality is I love my life and the people in it. There is nothing wrong with enjoying that is there?

I didn't think so.

By the way, when Spring shows up in Michigan, the party starts again!

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

it's really my birthday that kicks off your party mode, isn't it? It's not just thanksgiving. ;-)

Scott Donnelly said...

You are correct!! I changed it... you are worth a year round celebratoin though.

Heather said...

You two (Scott and Cheryl) are such sweeties. I got a chuckle out of your comments. You inspire me! And Scott, DO live life. Enjoy the parties all you can. You are so blessed to have a life full of family, friends and fun! God has blessed you! And if you get bored between March and spring here in Michigan you can come and babysit for me!

d-roc said...

Rock on brutha!!!

See ya in a couple weeks.

my alter ego said...

happy birthday soon!!

we gotta do coffee.

Anonymous said...

Scott--
thanks for the encouraging word--it's always nice knowing that the people back home are praying for me. :)
Hope you and Cheryl and Relevant and...everything are doing well. Praying for you all...!
-kailee
[p.s. i'll be home in April!]