Saturday, August 13, 2005

Hotel Rwanda

All I can say is... Wow.

Cheryl and I just finished watching the movie Hotel Rwanda which is a film about the genocide of almost one million Tutsi people by the Hutu in Rwanda. To say I was moved would be an understatement.

America and other western countries stood by and watched this happen. It makes you angry and feeling helpless at the same time.

You begin to ask yourself, "What can one person do?" It seems like such an impossible task. How can I make a difference?

My hope is that all of us will stop asking how and just start reaching out. I'm saying that for my own benefit as well. I have no idea how to solve all the world's problems, nor do I think I can do it either. But I must begin to show the love of Christ to all I encounter. That is the challenge. That is the goal. That is all that He asks.

No comments: