Sunday, September 28, 2008

Once...

I may be a bit late to the party, but if you have never seen the movie Once ,  I would definitely recommend it.

My brother, Matthew, told me about the movie a while back and Cheryl and I saw the song, Falling Slowly, performed on the Oscars this past year (it won the Oscar, by the way).

Glen Hansard plays the lead character in the movie and wrote and performs all the music along with the costar, Marketa Irglova. After you have seen the movie, do a little googling to see what Glen & Marketa are up to now...

You know how sometimes a song just moves you? I hope everyone has experienced that at least once... it's truly one of the most amazing gifts God let's us enjoy.

There are songs that just stir up so much emotion in me that I begin to cry. Falling Slowly is one of those songs. I couldn't even tell you the words, but the pure emotion and beauty of the music and the way the melody and the instrumentation came together just made me cry.

Put it on your list of films to see... or at least have a listen to the beautiful song.

No comments: