Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Back to Reality...

It seems like Blogging has become a thing of the past for me. I know it's only been a week, but I had an amazing streak going for a while there.

As I was talking to my Dad the other night, I mentioned to him around 8:30 p.m. that I was tired and needed to start winding down for the night. He chuckled of course, because he loves it when his sons are tired from a hard day at work. Nothing makes him happier - not really, but there is a sense of enjoyment and pride that I think he feels when his boys "earn their keep."

Dad worked his rear end off from the time he was 19 years old until the day he retired at the age of 59. In fact, after a hiatus in the land of retired persons, Dad actually went back to work as a contractor for a while. I think he may have learned his lesson... he is retired again, until he runs out of projects to do around the house or gets bored that is.

Cheryl's Dad is also still chuggin' away. He works fewer days a week, but I think he really enjoys what he does and that makes a difference.

There is something very satisfying about putting in a hard days work, especially when I get that first commission check. I can say without hesitation now that I identify with the Loverboy song, "Everybody's Workin' for the Weekend."

Hopefully the Fall TV season will inspire me to write a little more.


Powered by ScribeFire.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

The other song you will identify with is "I Don't Like Mondays." ;-)