Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Remembering...

Fourteen years ago at this time, I think Cheryl, myself and a bunch of our friends were hanging out in Mom & Dad's pool. We were just relaxing a bit after a pretty eventful day. We probably stayed up late the night before, then got up early and made ourselves look really nice. Then we took some pictures before we stood up in front off a room of family and friends...

It seems as though we have been together for as long as I can remember, because I mostly remember being with my best friend and the love of my life, Cheryl. We were only sixteen (me) and fifteen (Cheryl) years old when we started our relationship. No one thinks those early loves turn into mature love, but ours did. We had ups and downs, but one thing was certain, I can tell you exactly when I knew I was in love with Cheryl and wanted to spend the rest of my life with her... oh, you want to know? We were standing out in front of her house after a date and I looked her right in the eyes and said, "You might think I'm crazy, but I think I'm falling in love with you." That was only a few weeks after we started dating. I just knew.

Many people thought we were just too young. There were a lot of warnings and "are you sure's?" thrown around, but we had that really important component... we were in love. We made mistakes and I made sure we had our share of drama, but God saw fit to bless us, even when we forgot about Him from time to time.

You hear people say this all the time, but the longer I know Cheryl, the more I love her. Everyday there is something she does that makes me smile. Not a day goes by that I'm not thankful that God brought her into my life.

Fourteen years from now, I know I'll have even more amazing memories with this woman. I look forward to them and can't wait to see where God takes us... the places we have been so far, even the bad places, have been a blessing with Cheryl by my side.

4 comments:

Heather said...

That was sweet to read. And you both were right...you were young but you were right....

Casey said...

Aw, how sweet. Happy Anniversary! Derek and I will have our 6th next month. Time Flies when you're having fun!

NancyJane said...

Awe, what a great post! It is awesome to have such great memories and to grow more and more in love. You guys are great!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I vaguely remember sitting around the pool watching open gifts. Fun times and memories.