Saturday, August 18, 2007

Fall Fling

Today was one of those picture perfect days... mid 70's, light breeze and tons of pre-season football to watch on the NFL Network.

Even though I eagerly await the warmth of Spring and Summer, there is just something so wonderful about the Fall. I think it probably my favorite time of year. Spring is extremely close, but Fall just has something to it that is absolutely the best feeling in the world.

The trees start to change, football is in full swing and those cooler temps allow you to throw on a sweatshirt and play around outside and get a cold nose and rosey cheeks. Plus, as much as I hated school, there was something pretty exciting every year about heading back. New clothes, school supplies and when you were young, a new lunch box. Those were fun... although my lame Christian school wouldn't let you have half the lunch boxes out there because they were"worldly." Can a kid just have an Alf lunch box for crying out loud?

Bring on the Fall... just remind me that I asked for it when I am whining about the Winter.

2 comments:

Casey said...

I wish we only had two seasons, spring right into fall. I absolutely love all the things about fall that you mentioned. I can still remember the smell of those freshly sharpened pencils! aaaahhh, memories.

d-roc said...

Even though I love Fall, I don't want to see summer go. I remember walking into my classroom for the first time each year. It was exciting because you didn't know what it would be like.