Monday, July 30, 2007

The Two Coreys

I ended up watching a show called, The Two Coreys on A&E last night. This show was a little odd at first. I found myself wanting to turn it off, but wondering what event they would stage next.

You may remember the Corey's, Haim and Feldman. Feldman was in The Goonies. Haim was in Lucas. Both were in a string of movies, most notably The Lost Boys and License to Drive. Then both took a turn for the worse... drugs and bad behavior. Too bad they weren't acting that way now. Britney, Paris and Lindsay seem to be making a career out of it.

I'm slightly interested, because both of them have cleaned up their lives. Corey Feldman is married and is a lot more stable, while Haim is portrayed (and plays the part) as the immature, wild man. Really he comes off self centered and desperate at times. But he still has that "lovable guy" thing going for him.

I'm pretty sure that Corey Haim must have persuaded Feldman to do this. Feldman seems like he is fine with where he is in life, while Haim is dying for the limelight again. Haim ends up in tears when he finds out from Feldman that they are already doing a sequel of The Lost Boys without them. Very sad... was the movie even that good? I loved it when I was a teenager, but some things are better left without sequels.

When I was a teenager, I loved their movies. Now they are in their thirties and the movie roles have dried up... but reality TV will always be there for them. I'm a sucker for that. A very entertained sucker though.

3 comments:

Sinclair said...

Interesting to find someone who actually watched the programme. I always thought Feldman would still be the wild one, so it's interesting that he's playing the straight guy so to speak. I can't believe they're serious about a sequel to the Lost Boys. The original was good for it's time, but I wouldn't leap at seeing a sequel.

Cheryl said...

It almost seems like any star who wants a jumpstart to their career somehow finds their way into a reality show on VH1 or Bravo or whatever. Diceman, Baio, Kathy G, now the Corey's.

Scott Donnelly said...

Oddly enough, I watch every last one of them Baby!