Friday, May 18, 2007

Mow-er Time with Cheryl...

I've talked about this on the ol' Ramblin Scotzman before, but I hate cutting the grass. Partly because I hate sweating and smelling like exhaust and/or gas. The other reason is when you are a guy, around the age of 13 or 14, you learn to cut the grass. It seems like a fun thing at first, but then it becomes a job...

Either way, I would like to say that this season has been very different than usual. Cheryl has taken an interest in working with me on the yard and it has been awesome.

I love that she is willing to join me in a task that she knows I despise. The truth is, now I don't hate it so much because I get to do it with her. A lot of people would never want to work with their spouse, we have done it before and it was tough at times, but with age and experience we have learned to truly work together and enjoy it.

Cheryl, thanks for being my best friend and partner in life... not just in the fun stuff, but the less desirable stuff - - like cutting the grass.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am happy to help. :-)

Heather said...

I'm glad you have a way to make it more pleasant.