Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Cheryl's Request... Blog!

The Lovely and Talented Cheryl just told me I don't Blog enough... she said enough very funny too.

So I figured I would do a little Blogging:

Spring is in the air... in fact it was dang hot today in Ohio.

With that beautiful Spring air comes thunderstorms... Bailey's favorite... his favorite thing to be scared of and whine and cry about (usually when we are sleeping).

Spring also means NHL Playoffs... the Wings played horrible last night. Speaking of the Wings, this guy came by the house the other day selling lawn treatments. I opened the door and he made his pitch. His final sell was, "If you sign up today, I'll throw in a free squid." I looked puzzled for a moment and then he pointed at my Wings flag blowing in the wind... that made me laugh... had he said Octopus, he would have really impressed me.

NHL Playoffs also mean late night starts in the West (the conference the Wings are in)... 10 pm starts for those whacky Left Coasters... getting sleepy thinking about it. Bettman, do us all a favor and move the Wings to the East already!

Sports, sports, sports, sports!

The NFL Draft was held Saturday and Sunday... it's kind of like the Super Bowl if you are a Lions Fan. Matt Millen didn't disappoint all the Lion faithful... picking up the 4th wide receiver in 5 years within the # 2 pick. From all the publicity, the kid - Calvin Johnson - is a stud, let's hope so.

... I couldn't end our brief foray into football without talking a little Buckeye football (Boo!). The Dolphins surprised everyone in the draft when they picked Ted Ginn Jr. with the 9th overall... hilarious. The crowd on hand in Miami almost lynched the GM... Plus, the Heisman Trophy winning QB, Troy Smith, wasn't picked until the 5th round...

Michigan had seven players chosen overall and a record 4 defensive players in the top 50 picks. Go Blue!!

I've got some interesting things on the horizon which I hope to talk about soon...

4 comments:

Casey said...

Sports-smorts. I'm just sayin'.
About those "connections"...you let me know, friend. Maybe I can get a special family discount. Heehee.

Unknown said...

THE WINGS WIN GAME 4 IN OT!!!! I only know this because of the internet. I could not watch it because I do not have OLN or the VS channel or whatever they are calling themselves these days. What the heck.. why is the NHL only televising the playoffs on the VS channel? Do people hate hockey that much?

Geekbert said...

Maybe in OHIO. :-)

Heather said...

Okay...first you wife is right (of course!!) you do need to blog more.
Second...nice to have you back.
Third...can't wait to see what's coming.