Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Football Fizzle...

While the Lions were celebrating their 3 - 13 record with a win over the Dallas Cowboys, the University of Michigan Wolverines were preparing to show the nation that they should have been playing Ohio State for the National Championship by dismantling the #5 USC Trojans at the Rose Bowl.

Wa-wah!

What a disaster! Not only did the Wolverines lose convincingly to the Trojans (again), but the Lions lost the #1 pick in the upcoming NFL Draft!

That line from Jerry Maguire kept popping into my head... "I lost the number one draft pick the night before the draft!"

Thank goodness that football season is officially over as far as my heart is concerned... I'll still be watching Florida take a beating from the Buckeyes in the National Championship game and following the NFL Playoffs, but at least I don't really care about any of those teams.

I still have the Red Wings...

No comments: