Thursday, March 02, 2006

The Dog Whisperer

If you have not seen the man known as, "The Dog Whisperer," you are missing something amazing. My Mom told me about Cesar Millan just about the time that we got Bailey and from the way she described him, I thought he sounded like a kook.

After I watched his show on the National Geographic Channel, I was amazed. I started trying his techniques and they actually worked!

Now, if you have met Bailey, I know what you are thinking... First of all, shut up, I love that dog. Secondly, the only reason he may not be the best dog in the world yet is because of my own inconsistent behavior. He will only follow my lead.

So all you puppy people out there who find yourselves frustrated with annoying dog behaviors... give Cesar Millan a shot and watch his techniques work on your favorite furry friend.

5 comments:

Faithful Joy said...

Isn't he great? I have been watching that show pretty often and I am amazed...if only some of the techniques would work on Sneakers...

It's impossible to try and implement anything with 5 other people in the house to mess it up! But I guess the show proves that you CAN teach an old dog new tricks!

Scott Donnelly said...

Sneakers is definitely not a lost cause... just needs consistency. Just like Bailey Boy.

Cheryl said...

I love Cesar! I think all new dog owners should have a crash course in his concepts.

Heather said...

Has he ever worked with a Viszla? Becuase let me just say that is one interesting, hmmm....what is the word....energetic breed. Ours needed much more than a wisper to get in line.
But it sounds like an interesting show.

Heather said...

Did you see he is having a seminar here in Michigan in August? Its in Clarkston.