Thursday, November 24, 2005

Enter the Gates...

Today at my first Thanksgiving dinner, Cheryl's brother, Jim, shared some thoughts that his pastor spoke on regarding Thanksgiving. We read two scriptures...

Philippians 4: 4 - 7

4
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Psalm 100

1 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.

2 Worship the LORD with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.

3 Know that the LORD is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.

5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.

Jim challenged us to look back over this year and to think through the things that God has done for us, all that we have to be thankful for. This has been a recurring thing for me this year. To remember what God has done in my life. To praise Him for all he has done and is going to do.

God, thank you for my life. Thank you that you brought me out of a life that was solely focused on myself and vain pursuits to a life of JOY and fulfillment. You have comforted me in my times of sadness and allowed me to step into Your Prescence. Thank you for the man you are making me to be... a man after Your Own Heart. I praise Your Holy Name, for You are good! Amen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you even read my journal anymore?

Scott Donnelly said...

Who are you again?

Scott Donnelly said...

lol...