Friday, August 05, 2005

The Grass is Always Greener on the Other Side

One thing you always dream about having once you hit adulthood is your own home. A place where you can listen to stereo as loud as you want. You can turn the heat up as high or as low as you please and you can decorate it anyway you desire. There is one giant drawback... grass cutting!

I hate it. I hated when I was a teenager doing it for my parents and I hate it now. It's not so much the actual physical labor that drives me crazy (although with the temps this summer it has been a drag), but the time that I have to invest in something that I hate so much. I think part of it is, I am not good at it. I mean, I can't get my lawn to look nice. My next door neighbor is like almost 80 years old and he is working on his lawn everyday!

While I can't compete with that, I can enjoy my time outside cutting the lawn that I am blessed enough to have. I have to remind myself of that... I am blessed. Cheryl and I have everything that we need. In reality we have so much more. More than millions of people all over the world. Hey, even my friends in Las Vegas don't have as much lawn as I do. I envy them... less to cut!

The long and the short of it is... get it? Long. Short. I am so funny aren't I?

Sometimes the grass is greener right where you are.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cheryl said...

I have also heard that the grass is greener where you water it. ;-)

C.